Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Obssessive Fan? In '94 I was!

Well, my love Lisa found a interesting link while she was surfing the internet. She was looking for a website that I help run. Btw, it's sffworld.com.

And in her searching, she found this website that has a transcript of a online chat with Sarah McLachlan from Feb 20, 1994! That was 10 years ago!

I remember it quite fondly. Myself and good chum Tracey were working at Woolco.. It was a Sunday, and after work, we had to burn rubber to get back here so we could chat with Sarah. Now, everyone is probably thinking a online chat. And it was, but, back in '94, there really wasnt this cool place called the Internet. No, we actually had to have our modem dial all the way to Vancouver to login into Nettwerk BBS (Bullentin Board System), where we then could chat with Sarah McLachlan, for about 10 mins! And, after 10 mins, the Nettwerk BBS system would disconnect you, and you had to re-dial all over again. And, this Nettwerk BBS I think only had 4 lines, so, lots of busy signals. It was a barbaric time. The stone Age of the internet.

I was quite the obssessive fan of Sarah's way back then. Still a fan tot his day!

Thanks for the Link, Lisa. Click here to see the Transcript of the chat.

And yes, looking at the transcript, I was apparently a total geek!

2 comments:

Klugett said...

Oh, Lisa thinks she is so great finding that transcript. Well, I will have her know, I found that thing years ago. So, I am cooler than her because.... I'm actually not really sure how that makes me cooler. It probably doesn't. But, I am definitely cooler than Mike.

Mike said...

And to think, I call these people my friends.

Jon -> Remember, you are getting married, and if I have my way, I will have a speech.. and you will regret this day. Oh yes, revenge will be mine.